Dear Friends-If you were in worship a couple weeks ago, you may recall that I made a prayer announcement about the situation happening with the Salvation Army and how the holidays might get covered to assist the folks they have been working with.
We have a few volunteer groups for the Christmas food box/toy box effort. We can add you to their contact list & the group leader would call you when there is work to do. Here are the groups:
- The Angel Tag group will get a Wishlist from a family in need and make up gift tags for each child to put on Angel Trees around town (adding the child’s age, size, and toy wishes). Toy donors grab these tags from Angel Trees around town to help them pick gifts for a specific child. The donor then brings the toy back to the business that is hosting a tree.
- The Angel Tag Host team is working with businesses that are hosting an angel tree. These volunteers take new tags to the tree locations throughout the season, and pick up toys and bring them back to the gym at Grace Bible Church
- The Food Box team is going to show up at Grace Bible Church and pack food boxes for families to pick up. That will happen on the 19th.
- The Toy Box team is meeting on the 20th and 21st to sort toys into toy boxes for families to pick up. There may be a group on the 22nd that is delivering toys to families with transportation challenges.
- The Clean Up team is going to arrive near the end of the day of the Food Box day (19th) and the Toy box distribution day (the 21st) to help clean up the gym/get extra toys and food to places where they can be used. Another Clean up crew is going to go around town and gather any remaining Angel Tags from the hosting businesses.
If any of these sound of interest to you, let me know, and I’ll get your contact information to the group leader!