Here is the link for Sunday's Worship service: https://youtu.be/QsJAlt19qXA
Search "Day of Pentecost Worship 5.31.20 FPC, St.Peter's and Zion Lutheran" on YouTube to get there without clicking on this link.
Special Pentecost Events:
- Blooming Pentecost Cross: On May 31st from 10am-5pm, you are invited to come to the church lawn at the corner of 6th and Washington to place flame-colored flowers or ribbons (red, yellow, orange) on the cross as a symbol of the Holy Spirit fire. Please park on the Washington Ave. side of the church between the hours of 10am-12pm because the PFC will be occupied.
- Drive-Through Communion: On May 31st, from 10am-noon in the Presbyterian Friendship Center (PFC) parking lot, we will be distributing the Lord's Supper to recipients in your vehicles. The pastors will be taking every COVID precaution in giving out the elements. Please drive your vehicle into the PFC parking lot by way of the Spring Ave. entrance, and turn to the left out onto 6th St. as you exit to facilitate the flow of traffic.
- If you cannot come to the drive-through communion, you are welcome to use your own bread and juice at home and partake the communion elements after the Eucharistic prayer in the video recording.
Time with the Younger Church Message: Marie Baumgartner, our church nursery attendant, has recorded a message for our young and young-at-heart! Check it out at:
Search "FPC La Grande Pentecost Children's Sermon" to get there without using the link.
No Zoom Coffee Hour on May 31st.
- Prayers for Annette's brother Craig
- Prayers for Teresa's continued healing
- Ongoing prayers for Sherry, recovering from lung transplant
- For Union County as we enter "phase 1" reopening; may all of us make wise decisions about protecting ourselves and others from COVID-19
- For racial justice and peace in our nation
Pentecost is different this year--but nothing can stop the coming of the Holy Spirit! We give thanks for you, the church community of First Presbyterian Church, Spirit-filled blessings that you are to the world!
May Christ's peace fill you and uphold you.
Pastors Keith and Laura Hudson